Name:
Location: one hour from Suffolk, Rockingham, and Scarborough, United States

I'm one of the co-authors of Point of Hopes, Point of Dreams, and The Armor of Light (which, contrary to some reviews is NOT a Points novel). Proud member of CoastLine SF, Piscataqua Obedience Club, and admin for Horseboard.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I am not a knitter...

Nor do I play one on TV. Yet somehow or other, I have found myself deep in the company of knitters, cheering on Teams Wales (the Jamaican Bobsled Team of Knitting) in the Knitting Olympics. This past Sunday, I found myself at the new local yarnshop -- comfortably ensconced in a wing armchair usually reserved for trailing husbands -- while Melissa picked out yarn for two sweaters. To be fair, one is for me -- but I had the yarn picked out for it within 5 minutes, I kid you not. Yet we were there almost an hour.

Nor do I have any hope of seeing my new sweater -- a rust-orange gansey -- any time soon. Melissa wants to finish the crochet top for which she bought yarn on Sunday, and then there's the project for the Knitting Olympics. The Olympics projects is supposed to be completed by the end of the games, that is, in sixteen days, including the opening ceremonies. The fact that both Daytona and the Westminster Kennel Club show are on TV during that period may actually help speed things along.

2 Comments:

Blogger ass2006 said...

Hi, a nice blog you have here. You will surely get an bookmark :) phentermine

10:28 PM  
Blogger blogdog said...

I have to hand it to Melissa or to any brave soul who decides to enter something like the Knitting Olympics. I couldn't deal with the pressure. Hope she got her sweater done.

Dinah says, "Go Team Wales!"

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home