Name:
Location: one hour from Suffolk, Rockingham, and Scarborough, United States

I'm one of the co-authors of Point of Hopes, Point of Dreams, and The Armor of Light (which, contrary to some reviews is NOT a Points novel). Proud member of CoastLine SF, Piscataqua Obedience Club, and admin for Horseboard.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Eyes Have It

As I mentioned earlier, we're taking a bit of a road trip this weekend. Uh-oh, I can hear readers of this blog saying. Didn't you end up in the emergency room the last two times? Well, yes, I did. Not going to happen this time, though. I have been off the high blood pressure medication that caused the hypo-tensive occurrence at Saratoga over the summer (low blood pressure -- I had lost about 30 pounds in two months, and didn't need the medication anymore) for a good length of time now, and my blood pressure remains quite good. Nor do I expect my eye to give me any problems, as I just saw Dr. Norman yesterday and he was almost as happy as a little kid with a new sled by the way my eyes looked and behaved.

What I never knew was that, before scans and MRIs become commonly available, many doctors would use pressure in the eye as an indicator of possible edema or swelling in the brain. Well, he said there's no abnormal pressure in my eye, which there had been following surgery and at my last visit. He was delighted... which made me quite happy, as you can imagine!

Anyway, the road trip. We're heading back to Saratoga, to visit our friend Jeff. It's not going to be a physically ambitious weekend -- the three of us are very much of the sit around talking school (in the summer there, it's the "sit around handicapping" school, but since Jeff is good at handicapping, and I'm as likely to say, "Oh, that's a lovely horse!" well, you can imagine....). And yes, we're probably going to visit at least one yarn store -- if anyone has been to the yarn stores in Saratoga, I'd welcome reviews!

Ms. Vixen will spend the weekend at the Bark n Run (what we call the kennel she stays, and loves). The really excellent thing about this is that the noses will no longer have it, which is to say she is getting a bath. You have to understand, she is a very clean little dog (imagine that said by Paul McCartney in A Hard Day's Night), and never smells doggy. Well, in the torrential rains we had toward the end of last year -- and right after she had a bath at the vet's, she discovered that a house near us had disgorged from its cellar, via pump, something that smelled amazingly good to a dog. She rolled in this spot three separate times -- she never rolls! So I will let Pam deal with it this weekend. I consider it a late Christmas present to myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Susanna said...

Dear Vixen,

If you want to roll in some really good stuff, you can come to my barn! I will tell you when the blacksmith comes -- hoof parings are good to chew on. Come visit!

Your friend,

Rhodry

P.S. from Susanna: Rhodry seems to have forgotten that after the blacksmith's last visit he woke me up at 2 in the morning and had to go out NOW. Be warned!

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Wendy said...

Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy yourself. Sorry, no yarn store recommendations, but then I've never met a yarn shop I didn't like.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home