Name:
Location: one hour from Suffolk, Rockingham, and Scarborough, United States

I'm one of the co-authors of Point of Hopes, Point of Dreams, and The Armor of Light (which, contrary to some reviews is NOT a Points novel). Proud member of CoastLine SF, Piscataqua Obedience Club, and admin for Horseboard.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Aggressive Affirmations, margaritas and green tea

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. A follow-up MRI at DHMC showed that the damn tumor has grown again, slightly. And this time, we're not treating it with radiation. This time, it IS brain surgery! No, of course I'm not thrilled by the prospect, but what I am thrilled by is the opportunity to get rid of this little SOB once and for all. We're going to evict it. It had its chance. Now, we're turfing it out.

Surgery is June 27. And that's only because Dr. Roberts is on vacation until then, otherwise, I would have clamored to have it done sooner. But, hey, a rested and relaxed neurosurgeon is a good thing. We're calling him "Papi," after David Ortiz. We figure Dr. Hartford got us extra bases with the radiosurgery, now it's up to Dr. David "Papi" Roberts to hit one over the fence! Which I feel confident he will.

Of course, the fact that the damn tumor seems to be pressing on a visual pathway, causing me to lose sight in my left eye, is disconcerting, but a couple of people have said that, once the tumor is removed and the pressure relieved, my sight should return to normal. We'll see what the opthamologist at Dartmouth says tomorrow.

I had my monthly check-up with my primary oncologist, Dr. Bonnem. He walked in with the lab reports, which I had done up at Dartmouth. I said, "Before you say anything, the night before I had those done, we went to Margarita's."

"Oh. Well, your liver counts are normal."

"In that case, we went to a Japanese restaurant and had green tea."

"Well, it shows."

He has a very quiet, very dry sense of humor that I appreciate enormously.

The aggressive affirmations? Oh, well, Z, the mental health worker out at PRH, offered me a pre-surgical tape of affirmations. She said the tape consists of a woman reading these lovely affirmations in a beautiful voice that's "almost angelic."

Ummm, can I get a tape of affirmations that get the energy up, that scream at the tumor that this time, it is HISTORY, no more Mr. Nice Guy, this time, I'm playing to win. That kind of thing. Maybe I'll make one. I can't be the only person who would find that more to her taste?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A most earnest good luck with the surgery. I think that a lot of people would prefer a sete of more energetic affirmations!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best - and hope that your prognosis has improved since June. I write this as a fan of both your and Melissa Scott's writing. Take Care

D

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting blog. You make some good points. You might be interested in herbal tea blend. There's a vague connection to what's been discussed here.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my magellan mental health services
site. It pretty much covers magellan mental health services
related stuff.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If You are Tired of NOT getting anywhere in Life. not being able to accomplish what it is out of life you want to. Ive been there and I still have my ups and downs in life but they don't seem to be the same downs, there are more ups in my life. I wrote a book on self improvement book . It is to the point on what you need to do to change your life. I wont make this real long.. If you need to make more money .. have a better relationship with someone or your just tired of the same old you.. then visit us at http://lifedreams4u.com and find out more about self improvement book

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If You are Tired of NOT getting anywhere in Life. not being able to accomplish what it is out of life you want to. Ive been there and I still have my ups and downs in life but they don't seem to be the same downs, there are more ups in my life. I wrote a book on self improvement . It is to the point on what you need to do to change your life. I wont make this real long.. If you need to make more money .. have a better relationship with someone or your just tired of the same old you.. then visit us at http://lifedreams4u.com and find out more about self improvement

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home