Name:
Location: one hour from Suffolk, Rockingham, and Scarborough, United States

I'm one of the co-authors of Point of Hopes, Point of Dreams, and The Armor of Light (which, contrary to some reviews is NOT a Points novel). Proud member of CoastLine SF, Piscataqua Obedience Club, and admin for Horseboard.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Of birds and horses

Over in Saratoga Springs, my friend Jeff saw his first two Thoroughbreds crossing Union Avenue, indicating that the Oklahoma training track is open and becoming populated again. So how appropriate that this morning, while walking Vixen over by the South Mill Pond, that one of the birds I saw was a cormorant, the first I've seen this year. If you're a racing fan, you get that. I also saw my first sandpiper of the season, but which kind, I couldn't say.

I'm still not putting the shovel away. I'm looking for a span of dry, warm (not hot) days so I can put out my basil and tomato plants and repot up my cabbage seedlings.

It looks to be a horse-y weekend, coming up. There's a dressage event at Spinnaker Hill, where some of the EPONA horses are. There's a draft horse event down at the Spencer-Pierce-Little Farm, in Newbury, MA. And there's a series of open farms being held by the Standardbred Pleasure Horse Organization of Maine.

If it shapes up to be warm and dry, however, all bets are off, and you'll probably find me in the garden.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

We don't have cormorants over this way. At least, I never have seen one.

But it's name that lives on in the minds of those who may concern themselves with horse racing and New York horse racing.

And, by the way: The shovel is put away.

Time to live on the edge.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Horse Sense said...

Hi,I was just surfing blogger found you! I have stopped by to say hello, I am a horse racing enthusiast I make a fantastic income from horse racing If you are interested, go see how ##KEYWORD## maybe not a related site. It is special to me you may find something of interest. Sieze the Day !!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Betfair Bettor said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Horse Racing and Sports site. It pretty much covers very related stuff to you.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Breyer horse man said...

Hi, I have a fairly new website that has been online for about 8 months. I looked at alot of websites that are in my area trail of painted pony ebay . So my wife and I thought since we love horses we should build a website around that. We have done pretty good so far but I always want to improve. I didn;t realize it would be so time consuming though. But we love it and hope to improve and offer some of the best recourses and products available. Hence the search for content new products and information about what we have. If you decide to come and visit maybe you can offer some advice That would be great. If not well you have A great new year. We hope to soon start a new site for horse adoption and rescue. Hopefully in the spring.

Thank you for your BLOG.

Regards,

trail of painted pony ebay

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home