Name:
Location: one hour from Suffolk, Rockingham, and Scarborough, United States

I'm one of the co-authors of Point of Hopes, Point of Dreams, and The Armor of Light (which, contrary to some reviews is NOT a Points novel). Proud member of CoastLine SF, Piscataqua Obedience Club, and admin for Horseboard.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

That Time of Year

When you host a message board populated by the most colorful group of people this side of Damon Runyon, the national holiday becomes not the Fourth of July, or Victoria Day, or Thanksgiving, but April Fool's. That's when the pressure is on. The pressure to create stories that walk the fine line between absurdity and plausibility. And the few that tumble over into the, "Oh, come on, if you believed this one, I've got a statue you might be interested in." My unindicted co-conspirators, as I like to call them, are capable of much subtler humor than I am, so I leave the more plausible stories to them. One is a whiz with Photoshop. Another brings a wealth of experience as a lawyer, a journalist, and now a lobbyist, which is to say, he brings a rich sense of the absurd. One of my stalwarts might not be able to help out this year, buried as he is in the sands of academe. Or possibly the Racing Form, I'm not sure which.

All I know is, the heat is on tonight. (Yeah, I know, I've known April 1st has been coming for a while now, so why wait to the last minute? Ask Charlie Brown.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to put this site up. I've bookmarked it and will be back to spend some more time here.

Check out my which u.s president made thanksgiving a national holiday related site at http://holiday-stories-and-poetry.com.

John

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vegetables are great, but the Heart Start Defibrillator is better (At saving your life, that is ;) ).

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds great, but http://www.AEDefibrillator.com has links to different reviews.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emoticons
find emoticons at emoticons

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Blogger, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have awood computer desk site. It pretty much covers wood computer desk related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you, Friend, how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
wood computer armoire
It covers wood computer armoire related contents.
All the best!

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home