Name:
Location: one hour from Suffolk, Rockingham, and Scarborough, United States

I'm one of the co-authors of Point of Hopes, Point of Dreams, and The Armor of Light (which, contrary to some reviews is NOT a Points novel). Proud member of CoastLine SF, Piscataqua Obedience Club, and admin for Horseboard.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Friendly Encouragement

A friend recently told me he'd be eager to read my blog because I would doubtless be writing on substantive issues.

Which would be a bit of a conversation killer, did I not know that for him, substantive issues include not only matters of social justice or injustice, but also a really nice Saturday card at Gulfstream Park. On which topic anything he would care to post would be far more substantive than anything I can write.

It's also his expectation of seeing something from me that has me here at my computer this morning. My goodness, it really IS like exercising. Something that needs to be done, something that is good for one... and something that ends up, almost surprisingly, being enjoyable. That I am finding the enjoyment in again.

Still isn't fiction, though. Nico and Philip and all the others from the two Points books are still waiting, patiently or not, for that part of my imagination to be coaxed out of hiding.


3 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

Yippee! I am so thrilled you started a blog, Lisa, and I've already bookmarked it into my favorites! (Not to add any pressure...) I had to create a Blogger account just to post a comment, though, unless I didn't read that right. I so look forward to reading your posts. I've already noticed there are two types of people in this world--those who "get" blogs and those who don't. Some people I know think it's the oddest thing in the world and wouldn't dream of reading a blog or writing in one whereas I so enjoy rambling in mine and I'm trying to convince all the cool kids I know to start one! I guess I'm a voyeur as much as an exhibitionist. But I get very excited by the form and its possibilities and I trust that those condescending opinions I hear about bloggers will disappear fast.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey, Danny --

Well, I like Blogger, but it's akin to a very mild form of self-flagellation. It's not Mac friend (boo! hiss!) and making people register for a Blogger account in order to post a comment is ridiculous! That said, a friend who runs a horse rescue in KY had to disable her site's Guestbook because people were using it to post really vile things. So, I guess this is a kind of security against things like that.

I should consider TypePad, I know... but I'm cheap! :-)

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site. Just bookmarked it. Hopefully you can take a look at my site below. Good info with some great bargains.

eBay misspelled auctions

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home